There are many opportunities to work on climate as a lawyer, no matter your employer, expertise, or seniority. Join Offit Kurman for a complimentary CLE webinar with climate-focused lawyers and recruiters as we explore how to do more work that matters. This webinar is for all lawyers at all levels, whether in-house, in private practice, or in a government role. This webinar will also provide insights on how lawyers can make every job a climate job, and how to get hired by climate-conscious companies. Register today for free!
Panelists will include:
- Matt Karmel– Principal and Chair, Environmental and Sustainability Practice, Offit Kurman, P.A.
- Christine Uri– Former Chief Sustainability & Legal Officer, ENGIE Impact
- Aidan Bassett– Law Students for Climate Accountability, Georgetown University Law Center
- Sangeet Kaur– ESG-Focused Legal Recruiter, Pro Lawyers ESG
During the hour webinar, the discussion will include:
- What employers are looking for in climate- and ESG-focused legal roles
- What planet-friendly legal roles are on the rise
- How to do more climate-conscious work no matter your position or seniority
- Whether certifications and supplemental degrees are necessary
- How to become a climate leader or increase your climate knowledge
- How emerging environmental issues are driving climate-friendly career opportunities
- Best practices and resources for addressing climate issues in your company or law firm
- And More!
Registrants will also have the opportunity to submit specific questions! Register today for free!
Presented by the Planetary Lawyer Project and Offit Kurman, P.A.
*CLE is available for this event in CA, DE, NJ, NY, and PA and may be made available in other jurisdictions upon request. Specifically, this program is approved for 1 hour general/substantive CLE in DE and PA. Attorneys in states such as NJ, NY, and CA that recognize PA as an approved jurisdiction will also receive credit. Please consult your jurisdiction’s requirements to determine if DE and PA are approved jurisdictions. Please feel free to contact email@example.com for further information.
ABOUT OFFIT KURMAN
Offit Kurman, a full-service AmLaw 200 law firm with offices throughout the East Coast and in Southern California, serves dynamic businesses, individuals and families. Founded in 1987, the firm’s 280+ attorneys counsel clients across more than 30 areas of practice. Offit Kurman helps maximize and protect business value and personal wealth by providing innovative and entrepreneurial counsel that focuses on clients’ business objectives, interests and goals. The firm is distinguished by the quality, breadth and global reach of its legal services and a unique operational structure that encourages a culture of collaboration.
Our Environmental and Sustainability Practice helps businesses and individuals navigate complex environmental matters and advance innovative sustainability solutions. The group’s seasoned attorneys counsel clients ranging from publicly-held companies to individual homeowners on the full range of environmental and sustainability matters, whether involving transactions and commercial arrangements, litigation and alternative dispute resolution, or regulatory compliance and operations. Our attorneys are passionate advocates for clients and the environment, and have been recognized by government and industry for their leadership and influence. Our attorneys are sought after authorities at the forefront of the environmental and sustainability issues facing our clients and the planet, and also provide critical pro bono representation to environmental causes.
ABOUT THE PLANETARY LAWYER PROJECT
The Planetary Lawyer Project is an all-inclusive online resource for lawyers that want to do more for the planet. This bi-weekly newsletter Includes curated job openings, pro bono opportunities, interviews with industry leaders, and your next climate-friendly client. If you are a lawyer or professional who is interested in unique ways to do more for the environment, the planetary lawyer project is for you.