The New York Counsel In-House Meetup is having yet another Meetup, and this one carries a free New York ethics credit. Here are the details:
“Please join us as Gregory Casamento of Locke Lord takes us through some of the legal and ethical quandaries that arise from the now-ubiquitous use of social media by in-house and outside counsel and the businesses we represent.
Topics will include:
• Issues related to social media use in the litigation and due diligence contexts;
• Common problems with social media use by employees on work-issued and personal electronic devices;
• How to engage in effective social media monitoring;
• Ethical requirements for proper social media data collection; and
• A discussion on the New York State Bar Association’s recently updated social media ethics guidelines.
The presentation will be given from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM.
A networking cocktail reception will follow the presentation, courtesy of the firm.
This course has been approved for 1.0 NY Ethics CLE credit! Register today!“