Practical Law has another free webinar offering free CLE in many jurisdictions. If you have time this Wednesday and need some CLE, register today and check it out:
“Successfully negotiating a public M&A deal for your client requires familiarity with market practice and developments. Practical Law’s What’s Market database tracks and summarizes publicly filed merger agreements so you can keep informed of market trends and new approaches to complex deal terms.
To learn more about recent innovations in deal-making, join Practical Law for a free 60-minute webinar reviewing the year in M&A. During the webinar, Daniel Rubin, Senior Editor, Practical Law Corporate and M&A, will analyze What’s Market data and review critical M&A trends, unique transactions and highlights from 2016 that may affect your practice in 2017.
In this year’s annual webinar, the presenter will discuss:
- Trends in deal size and deal volume among strategic and financial buyers, including the year’s swell of busted deals.
- The use of cash and stock consideration in public M&A deals in 2016.
- The continuing influence of shareholder activism on the M&A market.
- Legal developments and trends from 2016 that will influence deal-making in 2017.
- And more.
Also, be sure to check out What’s Market, which provides a continuously updated database of agreements covering a range of corporate, securities, finance and commercial topics, including public merger agreements and spin-offs. In the public merger agreements database, you can analyze and compare negotiated terms, such as fiduciary outs, matching rights, termination fees and pricing collars, across multiple deals. What’s Market also contains links to the underlying public documents.
A short Q&A will follow.
Daniel Rubin, Senior Legal Editor, Practical Law Corporate and M&A
Following the webinar, you will receive a link via email to these Practical Law resources:
- Making Good Use of Special Committees.
- Preparing a Portfolio Company for Sale”