During this free PLC webinar, leading experts will discuss differences between the main types of equipment leases and what you should consider when structuring equipment leases. In addition to providing insight on how the language and structure of equipment leases impact their legal, tax and accounting status, this session will cover:
Business considerations when leasing and lease-financing equipment.
- UCC “true” versus “non-true” lease status.
- Special considerations for finance leases: very special “true” leases.
- If not a lease, why a secured transaction?
- “True tax” lease status: what it is and why it matters.
- Capital lease versus operating lease status and the impact of FASB changes.
CLE credit will be provided for NY and IL.
Date: Wednesday, May 16, 2012
Time: 1pm- 2pm ET (10am – 11am PT)
-> Click to subscribe to InhouseBlog's FREE Weekly Newsletter featuring in-house counsel news and jobs.