Are you up to speed on the legal and practical issues that need to be addressed when negotiating service provider agreements for retirement plans under ERISA? During PLC’s free webinar, take an hour to learn practical negotiating tips from experts, including an analysis of the most heavily negotiated provisions, the impact of recently enacted final regulations under ERISA Section 408(b)(2) and more. This program will cover:
- Selecting an ERISA plan service provider.
- Negotiating the services agreement, including a discussion of:
- The appropriate scope of services and allocation of responsibilities.
- Consideration of whether the provider is a fiduciary under ERISA and, regardless of the answer, the related standard of care.
- Handling new compensation and fee disclosures under ERISA Section 408(b)(2).
- Common approaches to negotiating indemnification and limitation of liability provisions.
- Routine contract provisions that require special attention under ERISA, such as termination provisions, electronic communications, and bonding and insurance provisions.
- Monitoring the service provider.
CLE credit is available for this program for the States of NY, CA and IL. *
Date: Thursday, March 22, 2012
Time: 1:00pm- 2:00pm ET (10:00am – 11:00am PT)
Heidi Winzeler (moderator), Head of Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation
Practical Law Company
Andrew L. Oringer, Partner
Ropes & Gray LLP
*CLE will be provided by Ropes & Gray, an accredited CLE provider in the States of NY, CA and IL. This program offers 1.0 NY transitional professional practice credit, 1.0 CA general credit and 1.0 IL general credit. Programs are only eligible for CLE credit in Illinois if at least 5 participants attend.
To register today, visit the registration page.
-> Click to subscribe to InhouseBlog's FREE Weekly Newsletter featuring in-house counsel news and jobs.